We've been anxiously awaiting K's first laugh. For the past month, she has chuckled everyday. We knew it would happen soon. The first laugh is an important event for the Navajos. Family and friends gather soon after for a feast, gifts and well wishes. Traditionally, this is when a baby would receive their name.
As expected, M made K laugh. It happened the morning of July 4th, M was tossing her in the air and making funny voices. We were both in the room when it happened. Since we are leaving soon for our summer tour, we will be celebrating her laughing party in Arizona. Grandma and Grandpa G will host the event and plans are in full swing.
3 comments:
Stunningly beautiful and I am sure her laughter is full of music! Love, S, T and t
Congratulation! What a beautiful reason for a celebration!
WHOO!! That's my niece! I can't wait to see her in like...two weeks or so. I can't wait to hear her laugh too. One Love.
Post a Comment