One of S's favorite things to do is search for travel bargains. Several weeks ago, S found round trip airfare to PHX for less than 150 dollars. It was tough not to pass up such a great deal so S and K decide to head "home" for a week. S was a bit nervous traveling alone with K (thanks Mel for the travel tips), but fortunately everything went smoothly (and M had a full week to work on his dissertation).
We played on Lake Powell on Grandpa G's boat, ate some Authentic Mexican food (good Mexican food is hard to find in MA), and visited family nearby. Grandma G also bought K a complete traditional Navajo outfit (with more photos to come). There's something about returning home to the desert that rejuvenates the soul, hopefully K will feel the same way too.
Lifes blessings
14 years ago
9 comments:
Your little girl is so beautiful. Of course, with you two as parents, I expected to see a beautiful child. So glad to see your pictures. Gook luck on your dissertation, Mike.
Hooray for cheap plane tickets!
K has gotten so grown up. I love the pic of her walking with her uncle down the road. Lovely pics. Miss you all!
That looks like fun to be out there and to relax. I'm glad that you guys got cheap tickets and K was good too. It must have been nice for M to get some things done w/ school. We miss you guys and love you guys.
Looks like such a beautiful place... peaceful, yet fun times with family. Speaking of family, for some reason, Kailea has been asking about K a lot this week. She keeps mentioning her cousin K at random moments and then asks "When Kaiaba gonna come to my house? I want her come over." So, I guess that means that when the 2 year old is making the request, it's time for the adults to do the formal inviting... Know that you're always welcome anytime.:)
Also, if you could do us a favor, pls. have M's family members invite us to their blogs. I'd love to see their latest updates:)
Thanks, Lia
I'm so jealous that you got to go to Lake Powell. That is one of my favorite all-time vacation spots! I'm glad the trip went well handling K on your own. That's a long flight.
It's so interesting that you both come from such different and yet such beautiful places each in their own way. I'm glad S & K are home safe and sound as I'm sure M is too. K has so many people that love her and so many different cultures to be a part of. She's a lucky girl.
she is getting big. We are going to miss you guys
These pictures make me homesick! It really is the most beautiful place on earth. =)
Post a Comment