Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cheating Fall

Its amazing how fast autumn sneaks up on you. As soon as September begins, the weather drops and the air's crisp. It's tough on a Hawaiian guy and a Arizona gal to accept, so we headed west for some AZ sun.

It takes a 7-8 hour flight (including the layover) and a 4-5 hour drive (including a stop for food and etc) to get to our AZ home. With a journey like that, we don't waste any time while we're there. We played on Lake Powell, enjoyed Grandma G's home cooking, and packed in as much family time as possible. Thanks AZ family for a memorable trip, and helping us cheat in a few extra days of summer.

Uncle D showing us how its done.




The Navajo version of a sand castle.
K's favorite water activity, using Mom as her flotation device.

7 comments:

Mark, Eko and Leoniss Burroughs said...

it looks like you guys had so much fun. She is getting big.

Elder Goatson said...

I'm so 'effin JEALOUS!!!
I miss Lake Powell so much.
It's tempting to jump into the Columbia River on some days.
I'm happy youse guys are having fun though!

Derik said...

That was a fantastic weekend. Sherene still needs to feel my vengeance on the tube. Your time is coming...

wilde1 said...

See told you. M with no shirt.

Sherene said...

Hey! I thought the boat was going fast, even though I did see my daughter yawn. ;)

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. And gotta love K using mom as flotation. =)

Laura said...

Wow. Jealousy has overtaken me. It looks like so much fun, and I love the pic of K riding her mom.