Sunday, October 3, 2010

Transitioning to Fall

There is no place like home, and no other place S would travel without M while 6 months pregnant and toting along a 3 year old. Lake Powell, the desert, and Navajo food were all calling our names; so S and K headed southwest for a much needed vacation.

We swam, ate, enjoyed some star gazing, ate, spent time with family, and ate. S's biggest pregnancy cravings include things she can only get on the Navajo reservation (such as good mutton stew and frybread). Thanks Grandma and Grandpa G for fulfilling every one of S's pregnancy cravings. This baby definitely loves Navajo food. ;)

We returned to New England just in time for our church's annual clambake. The weather was surprisingly warm and K couldn't resist the water.

We spent a record breaking 4.5 hours at the beach on a beautiful September day. We played volleyball, flew kites, built sandcastles, and of course, ate clams.

September ended with apple picking, cider drinking, and donut eating. It was a whooping 87 degrees but that didn't slow down our most enthusiastic apple picker. We didn't leave until after her bag was full and she had climbed up every ladder nearby.

K also enjoyed petting the farm animals and finding the perfect pumpkin with Dad. We're loving our New England fall and excited to start preparing for the holiday months to come.

6 comments:

Clarke & Lia said...

I'm so jealous of all the seasonal fun that we don't get to experience here on Maui... K looks so grown up, like a little lady.BTW, when r u due & what r u having?

Mark, Eko and Leoniss Burroughs said...

she is getting huge. I feel like if its been years not months. she is changing too, she looks more like a preschooler and less like a toddler. So cute. hope everything is going well with the pregnancy.

Elder Goatson said...

Nothing brightens your Autumn day like a smile from the Babygirl!
I love you guys!
PS: I wrote the song.
I hope you know what that means.

Linda said...

Oh, I want to have lunch in Salem at Halloween! Fall is so beautiful and so is our little baby girl. Actually she is not even a baby anymore! I miss you guys. This next year will be an exciting one in so many ways!

Derik said...

its going to be interesting how she spends this winter in the house all day. That is unless you buy her one of those subzero wetsuits to swim in.

Monica said...

I'm glad that S got her food. K is just like daddy a water baby. I sometimes wish we were back in NY so we can have the kids do some fun things like apple picking. It looks like fun fun fun.