Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our Latest Addition

This morning at 10:32am we welcomed Lalea Adinidiin Ing into the family. She came in weighing 8 lbs. and 13 oz. and is 19.5 inches long. We decided to keep up family tradition by giving her a Hawaiian first name and a Navajo middle name. Lalea (Lah-lay-ah) means "beacon" and Adinidiin (Ah-dih-nah-deen) means "light". She will be our beacon that provides direction; or, to use a Christmas image, our light that guides the way.

S is doing very well. This delivery was much better than the last. K is excited to be a big sister and even insisted on being the first to hold L.

Here are a few pictures for now. I'll post more in the next few days.



18 comments:

Cami said...

Congratulations! Lalea is so beautiful. We can't wait to meet the new addition !

Laura said...

She's perfect. I love her already, but I promise not to kidnap her. :)

Leo said...

Congrats guys! We are so happy for you. She is beautiful.

ellen said...

I thought about you so many times yesterday -- congratulations!! I'm excited to meet the new Little Miss Ing!

Drewmeister said...

Congrats! She is beautiful :)

Jodi and Jesse said...

She is beautiful! Congrats!!!

Peter & Shaunna said...

Great news! I am glad everything went more smoothly than last time. Phew. Let me know if big sister needs a play date! We would love to have her anytime!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Woohoo!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Angi said...

Congratulations!! She's just beautiful! And I'm glad to hear that you're doing well.

david said...

Congrats!! She's gorgeous :)

Crystal said...

Congratulations you guys! She is beautiful! I love her name;0)

Traci said...

Congratulations, Sherene, Mike, and Kai! I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet her. She is so cute and I love her name. Love and miss you all. Happy New Year!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and big! How in the world do you have such big babies?

Lee Family said...

Congrats! another beauty!

Sweeney Household said...

Great news! K looks so thrilled holding her in the pic. We're excited to meet her & I agree, the name is beautiful and meaningful.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys, congratulations!
Lavalerie

SLP said...

I am hoping for a dual wedding:
Princess K and Theo
Lady L & Max

Honestly - just soo thrilled this birth was a healthy one for both of you!

Love,
S,T,t&m

Smith Family said...

LOVE! So glad it went smoother than last time! Congrats on the darling girlS! What a family!