Friday, November 11, 2011

A New Way of Life

We arrived at our new home with just enough time to enjoy the end of the summer. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa G and their help with the move, we settled into our new home in record time. (All our boxes were unpacked within one week of arrival!) Here are a few things we were able to jump into.


We attended our first Indy State Fair.


K experienced her first water-slide at the local park, and it quickly became her favorite place in town. 


L has been working hard making new friends of all different shapes and sizes.


We visited our nearest beach on Lake Michigan.

 

L has discovered the "diaper swing" and spends most of her park time in one.


K recruited her newest tea party member and she's learning all the proper etiquette.


L has started helping with the dishes, and M, of course, is very encouraging. 


We're quite surprised how fast we've adjusted to our new home. M enjoys his job and shorter commute. (Seven minutes!) S is playing basketball and volleyball every week and loving M's full time income. K started preschool and loves showing off her new room. And L is still our happy smiley baby. Overall we're enjoying the slower Midwest pace of life (and the warmer, drier, weather isn't so bad either).

9 comments:

Cami said...

You guys look so great! Come back! :'(

Diaper swing- how very apt. I've never heard it called this, but it makes complete sense.

ellen said...

I'm glad you're enjoying life in the midwest but I miss you!

Laura said...

So good to have an update.

Please come back.

You all look fantastic!

Mark, Eko and Leoniss Burroughs said...

Glad you guys are settled down at your new place & loving it. We love our new home in texas too. I guess isn't as bad as people say it is.

Cam and Lohi said...

We were wondering how you guys were doing. Glad to see that everyone is adjusting nicely.

Monika Crowfoot said...

we're just a couple hours away from our little beach on lake michigan, too! you know, we're probably only 5 hours away from each other. ;) glad you guys are settling in. the midwest is a pretty cool place to live.

Leo said...

great update. can't wait to see you folks during christmas. girlies are getting so big!

Unknown said...

I wish all tea party members were that cute :). I'm with Cami--come back!

Derik said...

Looking at these pictures makes me wish I could come over and play.