Monday, June 18, 2007

V-Day


Today was K's two-month doctor appointment. She weights 12.1 pounds and is 24 inches long. K loves performing for the doctor. Last month, she almost rolled over and this month she "talked" to her. Her doctor would ask her questions, and K would respond with coos and awes.

Unfortunately, today's appointment ended on a very sad note. K received three vaccination shots in her legs. M stayed in the room for the event, offering his love and support. I left the room when the doctor arrived with the needles. K cried for less than five minutes. She slept for three hours and awoke happy. She continued her regular schedule and enjoyed our evening walk. K survived her first V-Day, she is such a strong and brave little girl. M says its because she is Navajo and Hawaiian, only the strong ones are left. :)



4 comments:

Twinkie said...

I still hate getting shots. I need to learn courage from Kai'ava.

Leo said...

Dane has yet to see our kids get shots. He is missing out. So sad... She's adorable though.

Anonymous said...

What a happy baby! I am glad to hear that it wasn't to bad. Kenley will be going with Cora next month, it makes me to sad to see her getting shots!

ellen said...

She's so adorable! I can't wait to photograph her. :)