Sunday, January 20, 2008

New Year, New Do

K was born with a head full of hair. Much of it fell out during her first few months, but several strands in the back remained, leaving her with an interesting do (some would say it looked like a mullet, and fortunately for those individuals I won't name names). She turned 9-months old today, and so to go along with her big-girl age we cut off the last of her baby hair. It is also part of the Navajo custom not to cut her hair until she says her first word, her favorite word is "dada." She also loves saying, "dooda," while shaking her head side to side. (dooda means "no" in Navajo).






4 comments:

Unknown said...

NOOOO!!! I liked the triple mullet. She's just growing up too fast!

wilde1 said...

I had that hair style once...no I didn't. KyaMei loves to keep up to date on Kaiava. And now that she is talking look out.

Crystal said...

She totally reminds me of Chenoa the way she is chewing on her duckie! Chenoa has the same hairdo, but I can't make myself cut it...it's too cute! haha.

Cam and Lohi said...

her long hair is so funny and cute. glad you guys documented the occasion. can't wait til na'ulei grows some hair.