Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rice, please!

Growing up in Hawaii, M ate rice everyday, with almost every meal. I, of course, grew up eating potatoes more often than rice (Navajos are more of a potato loving people;>). Over the past few years we've learned to balance our potato and rice meals equally--not playing favorites to either one. I've learned how to make loco moco, and M enjoys my Navajo breakfast burritos.

The other day while K waited for her dinner, she made one small request, "Rice, please." It looks like K's Hawaiian Chinese roots are shining through, and I've been outnumbered. How can I turn down a "please," from this adorable face?

7 comments:

Linda said...

When I took M and his siblings to Atlanta every year to visit Grandma L they would always ask for their rice. She didn't make it very often so that was the first thing they asked for when they got back to Hawaii. Guess K is following the Ing side. No one could say "no" to that beautiful face.

Derik said...

Trying giving her some raw potatoes. Maybe that will turn the tide.

Mark, Eko and Leoniss Burroughs said...

eko loves his rice too.

Unknown said...

K looks so cute. What a perfect picture of her. She looks like she is having so much fun. That is so cute that she said that. Are you sure M is not telling her what to say? hahaha.

Smith Family said...

no one could resist! she is adorable!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Oh no!!!!! Hahahah.... :-D

Shu-Yan said...

hehe! that's cool that she also begins to eat rice! :) no wonder she is a part of Chinese!