Today is not only Thanksgiving but it is also M's birthday. The past 7 years we've been together, I can't help but reflect on how much he has changed my life. Often I wonder why I am so deserving of such an amazing companion, he has surpassed all my expectations. Here are 3 ways he has improved my life in no particular order:
1) M has showed me parts of the world I never expected to see. I will never forget when I saw the Sistine Chapel ceiling or wandered around the Great Wall of China. I loved exploring the small city of Toledo outside of Madrid, Spain and touring the small towns of Tuscany. I enjoyed watching the Beijing acrobats and Le Miserables in London. With his continuous efforts, he has shown a small town girl the beauty all around us.

2) M has always been so supportive of my career choices. Even after I decided to return back to work part time after K was born, he has coordinated his schedule so we can balance his PhD studies and my career. While I am at work, he watches K and get up with her every morning so I can sleep in. We have balanced our parenting schedule so that he is a part of her life just as much as I am. No wonder K adores him so. ;)

3) M always sets goals and continuously works hard on accomplishing them. He balances his life priorities well, managing his time equally between his studies, work, family and church duties. His example of always improving himself encourages me to do the same. His passion to live life to the fullest and not waste a minute of it shines bright.

Happy Birthday M, I love you so much and appreciate your continuous efforts to improve your life and those around you.
11 comments:
Hau`oli la Hanau e M! Did you have pie and birthday cake today? :)
Alright Cami, what site did you find the Hawaiian b-day on?
Happy Birthday M.
Happy Birthday Super Dad!
Hugs,
S,T&t
You are both so lucky to have each other! Happy belated b-day, M!
sweet post S. m is great. we miss seeing you guys. happy bday and happy holidays!
Happy Birthday!
I'm impressed with K's budding language skills! And happy birthday to M. We miss you guys!
Hey, I know we're a little late, but we wanted to get a Christmas card out...can you send me your address? I'll send you ours as well:) Thanks!
M, Happy Birthday! Don't know what I would do without your amazingly intelligent mind. You talk me down a lot of high branches. Thanks so much for you and S's friendship.
Hey Mike! It's been a very long time! Happy birthday! You have a beautiful wife and daughter! Take care! (from another nauvoo buddy)
Post a Comment