For nearly three months, we had an extra set of hands helping around our house. While M diligently worked his 300 page dissertation, and I went to work, Uncle V stepped in as K's caretaker. I must admit, we were quite spoiled. He changed diapers, made lunch, washed dishes and even did the laundry. (We live on the 3rd and 4th floor, and the washer and dryer is in the basement.)
Since he left, its been a tough few weeks adjusting back to reality. (I'm sure you've noticed the fewer blog postings. ;) M has less time to work on his dissertation and I miss running errands alone. Uncle V reported to the MTC on Wednesday, he will be serving in the Portland, Oregon area. We miss our extra set of hands, but look forward to hearing all of his adventures.
8 comments:
Awww, what a great uncle. And what a great shot - "Super Uncle" to the rescue.
i agree, what a great uncle. what a great helper. i need one of those!
I didn't know V would be serving near us! Let me know what area he serves in first! And yes, you have been spoiled for 3 months, lucky girl. But you deserve it. Miss you!
I just read your comment, and I completely agree! It seems like I've not seen you in forever!!
I dread the day that my parents move out. I've loved how they babysit, cook, clean...Let me know how you do adjusting!
What a great uncle! My little brother only babysits if it's for a short amount of time and the kids are asleep. Good luck getting back to reality.
I'm sure K really misses him and attention too. That was nice of uncle to help around we moms and dads all know that we can use the extra help.We wish you brother good luck on his mission and I'm sure he will have lots of fun.
Hahahaha, awww.... I feel so loved. Portland is doing some for me! I really miss K and everyone I've shown her says she beautiful. It was good to talk to here before leaving! I really do miss doing all those thing for you guys and spending everyday with her. But the Lord has more work for me. All that I know is that K has helped me become a future father. And I'll always love her as if she were my own.
Post a Comment