Today during lunch, K decided to be a bit more adventurous with her dining options. As we ate lunch together, she noticed something new on her plate.
K: "What's that momma?"
S: "Sweet peas. They're sweet like candy."
K: "I want some."
K then continued to eat 6 more spoonfuls.
For some who has a strict no veggie diet, this was a major breakthrough in our home. Now we can add peas to our list and we're hopeful we can add other vegetables soon. Next up is carrots, green beans and broccoli. We might be getting ahead of ourselves, but its definitely worth a blog post.
7 comments:
That's great! It's so hard to get kids to eat their veggies. I can't believe you guys went to your 7th clam bake. Holy smokes! You guys have been there a long time.
Congratulations to all of you! That really is awesome. I'm going to show our kids your post. Megan likes grape tomatoes (are they considered a fruit anyway...) and she actually took a bite of a carrot and a piece of lettuce. Way to go K!
Congrats Kaiava. I guess that means Mike will be eating more peas.
Yay for veggies!! And yes, that's definitely something to blog about. Hopefully the other veggies will go over just as well.
Good job! I (Lohi) tried giving Na'u broccoli the other night and she didn't even taste it. All she said was "I don't want it." while shaking her head. Maybe we'll try the peas.
I think I'll be coming to Boston in a few weeks-we should hang out.
Hey J, let me know when, its time for an J+S reunion.
Post a Comment