Wednesday, March 21, 2012

In Hoosier Country

One of the ways K survived the winter months was by playing basketball.  Now that we're in Hoosier country, there are plenty of opportunities for her to learn how to play.


We were surprised that she was the only girl who signed up for the class. But she didn't even notice, and she looked forward to playing every week.



K learned how to dribble, shoot and pass the ball; and she loved putting on her first pair of Nike shoes.


The last day of basketball, after she received her certificate of completion, she ran up to S and said, "Guess what Mom? This says I can now play basketball with you. I can be a part of your team!" She's still quite adorable after nearly five years.


And her sister is ready to follow! We look forward to watching all the future games.

8 comments:

Grandpa G. from Arizona. said...

Just like Grandpa G. who still plays basketball with Brent and Vaughn. I am your #1 fan. You are awesome, beautiful, and adorable.

Grandma G. said...

K will be an excellent basketball player! she's growing up too fast. I wish we live near you.

Cami said...

And does she have that insanely accurate left outside shot like her mother? Love it!

Ingrid said...

I love that pic of K stretching her legs with the group! She looks so cute in her little Nikes. Go K!

Uncle V said...

I hope K come to play for the Phoenix Suns. We could use the help. I love seeing basketball continue in our family.

Anonymous said...

Aw. She is too cute! Maybe on your next visit her and Denali can play a game, Denali is learning from his dad. :) -Lavalerie

Monika Crowfoot said...

so sweet! i love little basketball camps like these. isaiah is in one right now - well, more like a league, but he started out in a basketball camp a couple years ago.

beautiful photos of the girls! :)

M & S said...

Cami, she's right handed so she'll have to work on her insanely accurate right hand shot. ;)
LaVal, yes! Looking forward to our next visit. Our kids play very well together.