
Three of my friends requested I share seven weird/random facts or habits about myself.
1) When I was 12, I participated in the Navajo womanhood ceremony, "Kinaalda." Hardly any of my friends or Navajo women my age completed this ceremony. It was an important custom to my grandmother, aunts and mother. I am glad I did it; it was amazing experience. I loved learning what it means to walk in beauty. I am looking forward to carrying on the tradition with K.
2) I've attended over 50 weddings and funerals services within my lifetime. My father officiated many services in Arizona, and he always needed a pianist. So, I've played my share of "The Wedding March", "Canon in D" and "God Be With You."
3) I've hiked the Grand Canyon in one day, North Rim to South Rim. (nearly 30 miles) Besides childbirth, this was the toughest thing I've done. One of my father's life goals was to take all his children across, and I was the last one. My father is an amazing man, he's already hiked across five times and is planning one more trip.
4) I possess an unusual amount of sports knowledge between the late 1980s to the late 1990s. Growing up with three brothers, I watched hours of football, basketball and boxing. M was very impressed when we were dating.
5) I am fascinated by tornadoes. I think it is because they are unpredictable and no area is safe from tornadoes. Tornadoes have been known to cross major rivers, climb mountains and valleys. I loved learning more about them in college.
6) I am a certified mediator for the State of Massachusetts. A couple of years ago, I completed a one-year mediation training program with Harvard Law School.
7) I dread the day I finally encounter a rat. I can handle snakes, spiders and bugs but not rats. M has purposely distracted me in NYC so that I wouldn't see one. However, I am dying to see Rataouille. I guess I can only handle animated rats.
5 comments:
Hey, I'm with you sistah on the rat thing. Gross, they're just so gross! When we were in NYC we saw one in the subway, seriously, as big as a cat! Nasty! I'm glad you did the tag game. I've known you all these years and I have to say, these are all great facts. I now feel like I know Sherene Carol Ing a little bit more! By the way, I just noticed you're Sherene Carol-ing, ha,ha,ha awesome! Well, love you, and hope all is well! With love and aloha, Mer :)
I didn't know you played the piano!
30 miles in one day!?!! That would be like me walking from my house to Nashua, NH. You're awesome.
I learned so much...thanks for sharing :) S & t
Sherene! love your blog. Your little girl is such a cutie. How have you been? Haven't talked to you in years.=)
Post a Comment