Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Getaway

For the past few weeks, M and I planned a little getaway. Originally, we decided on Paris, but unfortunately plans fell through. So instead of visiting France's capital, we visited our own.

We spent our time touring the sites, talking about K, visiting some of the museums and talking more about K. In the evening, we went to the movies, video chatted with K and went shopping. It was tough being away from K, (if you couldn't tell already) but it was nice not to worry about packing the diaper bag and coordinating our day around nap time.

Thank you Grandma G for flying from AZ to take care of K. And of course Uncle V for all your support. We couldn't do this without our travel connections, thank you Grandpa I for devoting many years to Delta so we can take advantage of the flying privileges. And Aunty M for the countless hotel hookups. 



Our only picture together while on vacation.

Also a vacation from shaving.

Contemplating a career move? I'll stick with 'GBH.

Some early Hawaiians must have made it to DC.

I didn't know you could buy this, had to take a picture.


9 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

A getaway--that sounds like a great idea. Thanks for sharing your weekend with us. :-D

Cam and Lohi said...

So...did you call and visit Chris? Too bad you guys missed Channy and the kids. They're all here. Sounds like you guys had fun. Hope we can fit one of those in soon!

Derik said...

So, where's the pictures of Kaiava? Oh, you guys look good too.

M & S said...

Unfortunately, Chris was out of town. We are bummed we missed Channy and the kids by a couple of days. ;(

Uncle D, don't worry, isn't this blog already dedicated to Miss K?

Darcee said...

How fun for the two of you to get away! Isn't it crazy how much you miss K even though you're also glad for some time with M? You look great! I'm glad you'll be sticking with GBH instead of signing up to be a stewardess. While you'd be great, I think your skill set is definitely better used at gbh!

Chris and Channy said...

awwww! wish we were there when you guys came. maybe you can come again but with k too, so she can finally meet and play with her cousins. :) or maybe we can come visit you guys. ;) glad you had a great time in d.c.! a getaway sounds like so much fun right now. soon...i hope.

Sweeney Household said...

Looks like a great trip! I love it how catching a photo of the 2 of you (and us too) is rare. The kid(s) take precedence, right?!

By the way, I was glad that M & K were hanging out with us on the stage at Stake Conference. We need that feature in the Belmont chapel!!! ;)

Melanie said...

Getting away without the kids always makes me miss them a ridiculous amount. I guess that means they're well-loved right?

Unknown said...

That sounds like every parent who gets away from the kids and all they talk about is the kids. Or in your case K. But its sounds and looks like you guys had fun. I'm glad that the hotel went better this time then the last time.