While Grandma G was visiting last week, we went to the Museum of Science Butterfly Garden. K was so excited to see the butterflies, all morning she chanted, "I go see butterflies!" Of course when we got there and she saw hundreds of the beautiful, yet unpredictable, creatures flying all over the place, and even landing on "mama" she exclaimed, "Scared butterflies" (actually it sounded more like "scared bufflies"). We didn't think that she even knew the word "scared", but as she buried her face in Grandma's arms she repeated it at least half a dozen times.
At the museum there were some (live) Madagascar Hissing cockroaches on display as well. Oddly enough she wasn't scared of them at all (maybe they look familiar to things she's seen in Hawaii--yes, M just wrote that, in case you're wondering).
Its been a week since we visited the Butterfly Garden, and K is still saying, "scared butterflies" at random times or when we read her books. Hopefully someday soon she'll get over her bufflyphobia and return to loving them like she used to.


4 comments:
No, she can't be scared of bufflies. She loved them! And they're so much prettier than roaches! She would be scared of them too if she knew the ones here can fly. She's getting so big. Can't wait to see her next month!
MIKE! It's Jennie Sanders from Nauvoo. How is the world are you? I saw your blog on Kenzie's so I had to say hello. Hope you don't mind. I actually have been trying to figure out how to track you down. Remember the seat covers you gave me a looooong time ago? I owe you money! I have felt terrible all these years!!!!
Nice M....That was fuuny! I hope she likes butterfliessss (as P would say) again. I'm sure Grandma had so much fun.
She started to love butterflies again, she loved them while she was in AZ. ;)
Post a Comment