Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our Quick Hawaiian Getaway

July was a busy month for us. We traveled down to Hawaii and up to Maine (pictures of the latter to follow). In Hawaii we celebrated Grandma I's 89th birthday and had a family reunion. People from Boston, Washington D.C, Utah, and Maui arrived for the event. K practically overdosed on playing with her 11 cousins, going to the beach, and in general being spoiled by any person's attention she could get. She even found a new favorite juice (as you can see below). We had a great time meeting extended family, dancing hula at the party, and sneaking off for some of our favorite food. We look forward to going "home" again for Christmas.






8 comments:

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

Hey S...
What does it say on that sign??? lol! Glad we got to see you guys while you were here. =)

Jill said...

Cute bathing suit!

M & S said...

Gabs, I couldn't say Ka'anehe for the longest time, and I still have to say it slow. ;)

Elder Goatson said...

Hahahaha! I knew it was a matter of time before K would be sucking down that juice! It's good to see you guys had fun.

Sweeney Household said...

Oh, it looks like so much fun! Every time I see K, I want to have her over to play. She is just the cutest. We can even take her to her favorite place & let her throw rocks into the water & eat crackers. :)

M & S said...

We'd love to get together Jen, let's organize it!

Clarke & Lia said...

Awe... I'm so proud that you noted the travelers all the way from Maui ;) So sweet.
Fun times. Hope to see you this Christmas!

Unknown said...

We had so much fun with you guys here. The kids keep asking for you guys. They want K to come over and play. I hope she forgot already all about the last day at grandpa house.....So sad....