K's First Birthday Luau highlights:
*Family and friends from Boston, Utah and Arizona flew in for the luau.
*K loves fishes, so the theme of the party was an under the sea theme. Decorations by Grandpa David Ing.
*Nearly two hundred people attended the event.
*A band performed while we enjoyed eating traditional Hawaiian cuisine-kalua pig, lau lau, chicken long rice, poi, rice, lomi lomi salmon, and haupia.
*K's Auntie Alisha and friends entertained the crowd with their amazing dance skills. And very talented hula dancers Auntie Lohi and Kanani, performed as well.
*K's cousin Kayla sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."
*The children enjoyed playing three different games of ring toss, go fish and bottle toss.
12 comments:
HOLY SMOKES! Now THAT is a party!!!!
Wow - I can't imagine what her wedding will be like...
Welcome back Miss K, we missed you!
Love,
S,T&t
Oh my gosh. I didn't realize how much I miss her until I saw this (and you guys too of course). That really was a lot of fun!
Yeah, I forget how people from the mainland don't get the first luau. I have to say it was shocking when I first saw what people go through to throw a first year b-day party, but there is meaning behind it (Hawaiian tradition). Maybe you should explain that, cool pics. Looks like it was a nice luau.
Beautiful pics. Wish I was there!
What a party! If my boys ever find out about it they will never forgive me for the lame birthday parties they've had.
Wow! It looks like you had a blast!
What a fun party for a cool little girl!! What's up for the 2nd birthday?!?
how fun! what a great event to bring family & friends together.
The 2nd birthday party will be much smaller, I hope. But who knows? If K's grandparents have anything to do with it, it will be another big one.
We had such a blast at her 1st birthday. The kids loved all the games and the cool fish. Glad you guys had it down here.
Ummm... my birthday is coming up. I like fishes, too...
Post a Comment