Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Winter Escape

January and February are the longest months of the year for us. The freezing temperatures and shorter daylight hours keep us indoor most days. We average 2 museum visits, 2 play dates and 2 library trips a week. Most days, this is K's official winter wardrobe:

But sometimes the best escape from the winter is our imagination. Here's our fairy in training...

ready for lift off!

 Flying through the summer breeze...

7 comments:

elouise said...

Grandbaby is just growing up too fast! She is so pretty and I miss her so much.
Give her lots of hugs and kisses.

Sam and/or Monika said...

i know what you mean. it has been equally cold here in wisconsin. thank goodness for libraries, museums, and rec. center classes. looks like you guys are having fun! i hope the spring comes soon for the both of us! ;)

Cam and Lohi said...

yeah, whats up with the weather. We got into the low 60's last week! Freezin!!! Nah, we love our weather.

K is so smart and cute! She always has cute pictures, and it sounds like you surround her in intellectual outings. It sure beats our "Feeding the birds", or "lookin at the fish" activities. Hmmm, maybe one day we'll follow in your footsteps and take our kids to the museum. Until then, KEEP WARM! :)

Elder Goatson said...

Wow... That has to be the girliest I've ever seen Babygirl. But Mom's right, she's growing really fast! She's still very beautiful though. I'm such a lucky uncle!

Linda said...

I wish the little fairy could escape the winter and fly right over here. I miss her! She looks so adorable. Happy Anniversary you guys! Miss you all!

M & S said...

Hey M, we hope the spring comes soon for you too.
Lohi, there are lots of museums in the area so with the frigid temps, we try to get out as much as we can. I'm sure K would rather be outdoor feeding birds and looking at fishes. Especially with N! ;)

Laura said...

Seriously, I don't think she could get any cuter. It's just not possible.