Tuesday, August 26, 2008

K's First Campout

Over the weekend, we attended our church's annual campout in Sharon, Vermont. Originally, we planned on staying two nights and sleeping in a tent. But after our recent overnight trips to Rhode Island and New Jersey, we realized K doesn't sleep well in unfamiliar places. She often ends up sleeping in our bed tossing and turning all night. So, we opted for a one night cabin stay with a pack and play in hand.

We enjoyed a great evening which included a delicious Navajo taco dinner, smores, campfire singing and even some star gazing. (We even saw a shooting star.) The next day, we enjoyed an afternoon of swimming and rope swinging at the nearby river. Despite our lack of sleep, (K woke up three times and ended up sleeping with S) we enjoyed our first family campout with K. We look forward to next year's trip.

6 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Awesome! I can't wait to go camping again before it gets too cold. :-D

Unknown said...

CAMPOUT! Sounds like you guys had some fun playing around, looking at the stars, and eating good food. We went camping too, ate some food and looked at the stars.....in our living room. Maybe we will do the real thing one of these days.

Watauga Relief Society said...

How fun! My favorite camping spot in the world, but I suppose it could have been because of the great AW!

Sweeney Household said...

Have I said this before? If you & M ever need a babysitter the Sweeney Household is more than happy to play with adorable K. I would protect her from an harm that my kids could inflict. he he. They would love playing with her too. I'm serious about the babysitting too --- GRATIS.

Sherene said...

Sweeneys, we appreciate the offer. We might very well take you up on the offer!

Swoopref said...

The photo in the boat with C is so cute.